Rates and Services
* Please note: Dr. Van Deven is not contracted with insurance. See the details at the bottom of the page for more information.
Patients may receive Osteopathy, Functional Medicine, or both. If interested in establishing care, please Contact the office.
Optional: 15 minute Video Consultation $150. Briefly review your case with Dr. Van Deven and ask any questions you have before starting as a new patient.
– Adult New Patient 75 min, $550
– Pediatric New Patient 60 min, $450
– Newborn New Patient 45 min, $350
– Follow Up 30 min, $230 (Newborns)
– Follow Up 45 min, $330
– Follow Up 60 min, $450
All new patients receiving Functional Medicine begin with a 6 month New Patient Program. We will take a deep dive into your history, use lab testing to help identify the underlying cause of disease, and begin treatment. During this time hours of research are invested into your case and we maintain communication between appointments to support your personalized treatment plan. One osteopathic treatment is included. Continued osteopathic treatment is Highly Recommended for the greatest results in a fraction of the time. Recommended labs, laboratory integration, medications, supplements, additional osteopathic treatment, and other therapies are all in addition to the monthly fee. The cost of initial lab testing and integration, including conventional and specialty labs, often ranges between $500 – $2000. These can be prioritized and stretched out over time as needed for your budget.
6 Month New Patient Program, $1200 at the first visit, then $400/month for 5 additional months includes:
– 1-2 hours to review your medical history in detail and research needed to prepare for the first appointment.
– 90 min New Patient Appointment. This is an in-person visit to review your history in detail and allow a physical exam. You will also receive an osteopathic structural exam and treatment for diagnostic insight and to ignite the healing process. Dr. Van Deven will then take the whole picture into account and research as needed to prepare for the next appointment 1-2 weeks later.
– 45 min Treatment Plan Appointment. We will review the specifics of the treatment plan, including diet, lifestyle, any supplements or medications, recommended lab testing to identify underlying causes, and any supportive therapies. Meeting in person or by video.
– Three 45 min Follow Up Appointments. Lab results will be reviewed and the treatment plan will continue to shift as needed to maximize progress. Meeting in-person or by video.
– Continued coordination of care to support your personalized treatment plan. This includes secure messaging to answer questions between appointments and following up on aspects of the treatment plan as needed.
– Ongoing research of your conditions.
We utilize a customized patient portal, providing access to your health information, personalized treatment plan, handouts, secure communication through messaging, and online scheduling.
Invoices are created to submit to your insurance for possible reimbursement for office visits, osteopathic manipulative medicine, and lab tests. Some labs may be billed directly to your insurance. Functional Medicine patients will receive statements after each 6 month program outlining those items that may be reimbursable by insurance. Invoices will be made available after each osteopathic appointment. See below for more information.
Telemedicine is available after an in-person New Patient Appointment for those living in Arizona, California, Washington and internationally.
To have an idea of what your insurance company may reimburse you, please speak with them before scheduling an appointment. Deductibles must be met before any reimbursement is awarded and each policy is unique. Inquire as to coverage for an Out-Of-Network Provider, Telemedicine, Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT), and an Out-Of- Network Laboratory. Typical office visit codes include: 99204 or 99205 with 99354 for New Patient Visits, and 99213 and 99214 for Follow Up Visits. OMT codes often range from 98927, 98928 and 98929, all with a 25 modifier. Telemedicine is billed with the same codes as Follow Up Visits with a 95 modifier. Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and some specific insurances such as Kaiser Permanente will not provide reimbursement.